You have a marketing job to do, and writing is only a part of it. When writing tasks slide to the bottom of the list, the ripple effect postpones sales and revenues. Getting writing done effectively is a profit accelerator. Getting writing done late at night on deadline (or not at all) is a stress generator.
Non-writer’s courses for marketing people.
The topics, examples and exercises are tailored to what you need to write. Everything’s relevant, everything’s valuable. Writers receive one-on-one sessions with the instructor after the training.
Who should attend
- Non-writers who are tasked with creating marketing content in-house and wish they enjoyed doing it.
- Busy managers who have blogs but no time to write, or not enough good ideas to write about.
- PR departments who now do their own writing, interviewing and contributing by-lined articles.
- Subject matter experts who’ve been “volun-told” to write customer-facing content.
- Communicators who want their writing to be good and on time without paying a pro.
Benefits of Everyone’s Writing Workshops
- Finish writing projects on time without giving up your nights and weekends to do it.
- Put practical advice to work right away and see your writing improve.
- Start enjoying the experience of writing without stress.
- Make your marketing content effective and consistent.
Get started today
When you contact us, we’ll listen to your needs and begin the process of tailoring training to produce the maximum benefit for your team. Once we understand your goals and your team size, we’re happy to provide a price.
Why this writing workshop is different
- It’s for non-writers. We’ll address the specific marketing writing challenges you face in your role.
- It’s custom. You choose which modules will meet the needs of your team. No time is wasted on irrelevant canned content like in online courses.
- It’s ongoing. Attendees receive one-on-one advice in the months after the workshop. You won’t find personal coaching in books or recorded webinar courses!
Each workshop customized
- Your company’s private workshop will be tailored to suit you. We’ll use your writing projects in our training exercises.
- You choose which modules you want – and if you don’t see it, we can create custom modules for you.
- Follow-up coaching is scheduled and structured according to what will help you the most.
What’s included in your workshop
- Live writing training at your facility or online.
- Workshops include relevant exercises, handy templates and essential best practices.
- Slides are yours to keep for reference.
Modules to choose from
- Blogging – keeping up the pace, generating ideas
- Executive blogging short courses
- Web writing
- Brochure copywriting
- Case studies
- Scripting for videos and presentations
- E-mail blasts
- Newsletters – keeping it up, on schedule, getting content
- PR – AP style, neutral voice, news pyramid, e-pitches
- White papers
- Social media: ranging from short-n-snappy to LinkedIn Pulse
- Slides and presentations – PowerPoint, Presi, Slideshare
- Online forum answers and comments to demonstrate expertise
- Custom modules – what do you want to learn?
- Storytelling frameworks
- Coming up with ideas
- How to get started actually writing
- Writer’s block
- Structuring your thoughts
- Customer-centric vs product-centric
- Writing when you’re busy
- Using audience segmentation
- Using messaging and positioning
- Product voice, company personality, brand writing
- Scheduling drafts
- Reviews and approvals
- Getting feedback from stakeholders
- Negotiating time to write
- Gathering the information you need from others
- When to use templates and outlines
- And more – it’s your writing class!
Your instructor and coach
- Experienced – 30 years of writing every kind of content, from social media to journalism to marketing ebooks.
- Understanding – Worked in large and small companies, and independently as a professional marketing writer.
- Current – Writes successful niche blogs and marketing content for tech clients.